The Kansas Jayhawks are 3-6 after the Sunflower Showdown. Next up: Kansas travels to Stillwater to take on Oklahoma State. The next and final home game is November 30, when Kansas hosts Baylor at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Check out this year’s full schedule.
Use this guide to make your KU game day in Lawrence unmistakable. Whether you’ll be soaking up the collegiate sports atmosphere in the stands of Memorial Stadium, or you’re looking for a place to watch the game in town… we’ve got you covered. Thinking about spending the weekend in Lawrence? Keep scrolling for suggestions to make it an epic weekend in Lawrence!
Make it an Epic Football Weekend
As the Jayhawks football team gears up to host Baylor in Memorial Stadium on Saturday, November 30, we invite you to plan an epic football weekend in one of America’s coolest towns. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you!
Check out our ideas for you based on your interests:
Arts & Culture | Cradle of Basketball | Food | History & Heritage | Family | Live Music | Sports/Recreation
And check out these events and daily food specials happening all weekend long…
Friday, November 29
- Start with a visit to the Lawrence Visitors Center (812 Mass Street) where our travel counselors will help you find the right places to experience while you are in town.
- Final Fridays – The streets of Downtown Lawrence and the Warehouse Arts District come alive with what has become one of Lawrence’s most popular events!
- Crack the codes to escape a room at Breakout Lawrence
- The Roseline/Half Tiger Half Bear / CS Luxem at The Jazzhaus, 7 PM – Folk, Country and Rock
- Isley Brothers Tribute Show at The Granada, 8 PM – Come for the Funky big bottom beats, stay for the soulfully sweet slow jams.
- Vibralux with special guests at The Bottleneck, 9:00 PM – Wild, Sustainable, Organic, Free Range, Alternative, Grungy, Glittery, Glam Rock.
Saturday, November 30
BEFORE THE GAME
- Lawrence Farmers’ Market, 824 New Hampshire, 7:30 – 11:30 AM
- LET’S GO!!!!!
- Rock Chalk Rally, KU Memorial Union
- Kansas Football vs. Baylor, Time TBD
AFTER THE GAME
- Cory Phillips & The Band of Light at The Jazzhaus, 10:30 PM -Soul, Jazz, Erotic, Groove, Funk & Disco!
- Watkins Museum of History – Learn the story of Lawrence and Douglas County
- Cradle of Basketball – Discover the place where the game grew up
- Holiday photos at Allen Fieldhouse, reserve a time between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 1
ARTS & CULTURE
- Adornment 2019 – Shop the works of art created by 30 youth artists for this annual art show and sale
- Holiday Open House at Pendleton’s Country Market – Greenhouses and farm market are filled with holiday decorating ideas and gifts from over 20 local farms.
HISTORY & HERITAGE
- Haskell Indian Nations University – Haskell University has a storied football history