The Kansas Jayhawks are 1-1 after two home games to open up the 2019 football season. Next up: Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts (Friday, September 13, 6:30 PM) followed by the beginning of conference play in Lawrence versus West Virginia on Saturday, September 21, 3:30 PM. Check out this year’s full schedule.
Use this guide to make your KU game day in Lawrence unmistakable. Whether you’ll be soaking up the collegiate sports atmosphere in the stands of Memorial Stadium, or you’re looking for a place to watch the game in town… we’ve got you covered. Thinking about spending the weekend in Lawrence? Keep scrolling for suggestions to make it an epic weekend in Lawrence!
Make it an Epic Football Weekend
As the Jayhawks football team gears up to host West Virginia in Memorial Stadium on Saturday, September 21, we invite you to plan an epic football weekend in one of America’s coolest towns. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you!
Check out our ideas for you based on your interests:
Arts & Culture | Cradle of Basketball | Food | History & Heritage | Family | Live Music | Sports/Recreation
And check out these events and daily food specials happening all weekend long…
Friday, September 20
- Start with a visit to the Lawrence Visitors Center (812 Mass Street) where our travel counselors will help you find the right places to experience while you are in town.
- Artemio Rodriguez | Tradicion y Modernidad En El Grabado at Lawrence Arts Center, 5 – 9 PM
- Old West Lawrence Walking Tour, 6:00 PM
Saturday, September 21
BEFORE THE GAME
- Lawrence Farmers’ Market, 824 New Hampshire, 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- KU Family Day, KU Natural History Museum, 9 AM – 5 PM
- Meet Linwood Barclay, Raven Bookstore, 1 – 2 PM
AFTER THE GAME
- Radkey at The Bottleneck, 7 PM
- The Jazzhaus Big Band at The Jazzhaus, 10 PM
- Muscle Worship Reunion Show at The Replay, 10 PM